Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance
Drone flying is increasingly popular, but do you have adequate cover? For peace of mind, C³ offers members the Drone Insurance extension which protects your drone and includes £12million Public Liability Insurance and £10k Personal Accident Insurance as standard.
The latest country sport to sweep the nation, drone flying, is great fun but do you have adequate cover? C³ offers market leading insurance benefits for recreational flying of drones and model aircraft across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Add one of our 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extensions' to any standard Membership from just £14.95 extra.
- £12 MILLION PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
- £10,000 PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER
- NEW - ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE & LOSS COVER for Drones and Equipment with a combined value up to £2,500
Add 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' to our standard Membership package from just £14.95 extra per annum. Insurance valid for Multirotor and Fixed Wing Remote Controlled Model Aircraft up to 7kg, operated in accordance with CAA Regulations & Guidance, throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. Combine with our EU or World-wide Travel Extensions to benefit from £12m Public Liability cover around the globe!
Choose from 4 cover levels:
- Basic - £12m Public Liability and £10k Personal Accident Cover Only - +£14.95
- Silver - Up to £750 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£129.95
- Gold - Up to £1,500 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£209.95
- Platinum - Up to £2,500 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£319.95
Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft
Cover is provided for Multirotor and Fixed Wing Remote Controlled Model Aircraft, Payloads and Ground Equipment with a combinded value, as new, of up to £750, up to £1,500 or up to £2,500.
Accidental Damage & Loss
Insurance covers Accidental Damage & Loss whilst in flight (including flyaways) and whilst being stored or transported. Gradual wear tear & depreciation is excluded. The member will be under obligation to prove the damage or loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to C³.
Insurance covers Theft subject to evidence of forcible and violent entry or exit to property housing the equipment, excluding theft from a vehicle overnight unless the vehicle is contained in a locked building and excluding theft whilst equipment is left unattended in the open.
Members opting to add Silver, Gold or Platinum Drone extensions to their membership will be required to provide C³ with a full description of the Drone/Aircraft being insured, including make, model, serial number and value as new, as well as details of any payload or ground equipment being covered.
Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft insurances valid across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Travel Extensions do not apply.
Drone Safety Certificates
To ensure members have a suitable understanding of drone safety, guidelines and legislation Country Cover Club have teamed up with training experts The Aerial Academy to provide free online Drone Safety certificates.
We require all members to complete the relevant C³ Basic Drone Safety Certificate before the Drone Extension insurance benefits become valid. Members choosing the PL & PA only option will need to complete the C³ Basic Drone Safety test. Members opting to include Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft cover will need to complete the C³ Advanced Recreational Drone Safety test. A link to relevant test will be included in your welcome email; the Basic test takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, members may need to allow up to an hour to complete the Advanced Recreational test.
Where a Member has a prior qualification, provided by a CAA recognised NQE and demonstrating equal or greater subject knowledge (e.g. PfCO), proof of qualification must be received and accepted in writing by the C³ administration team to validate insurance benefits.
Terms & Conditions
As with all insurances it is expected that Members use common sense, fly safely and take all reasonable precautions to avoid causing damage to other persons or property. By purchasing the 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' Members agree that they have read and will abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All model aircraft are to be operated in accordance with CAA Regulations & Guidance.
- Member Pilot to have successfully completed the relevant C³ Drone Safety Certificate.
- Line of Sight Flying only; Model aircraft to remain in sight at all times and not to be flown higher than 400ft.
- Model aircraft to be kept away from aircraft, helicopters, airports & airfields.
- Model aircraft fitted with cameras must not be flown within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings, structures or animals or over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts or sports events
- In respect of the Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft insurance, the member will be under obligation to prove the loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to C³.
- Excludes Drones and Remote Controlled Model Aircraft larger than 7kg (plus fuel) in weight.
- Where Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft cover is included, members must provide C³ with a full description of the Drone/Aircraft being insured including; make, model, serial number and value as new, as well as details of any payload or ground equipment being covered.
- Model aircraft piloted by a 3rd party are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
- Model aircraft flown commercially are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
These terms and conditions may be may be added to or amended at any time at C³'s discretion.
All Insured benefits are underwritten by carefully selected specialist and leading UK Insurers in the Lloyds and London market, all of whom are fully UK Authorised and FCA regulated. Please read the C³ Summary of Insurance or, for full terms and conditions of current policies please download the Public Liability & Personal Accident Policy Wording.
Details and Benefits are as per the Schedule Of Membership benefits and offers and the current Master Policies in force at the time of claim and are subject to full payment of Membership fees. C³ reserves the right to add to, amend or withdraw Membership benefits and cover at any time.