Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance
Drone flying is increasingly popular, but do you have adequate cover? For peace of mind, C³ offers members the Drone Insurance extension which protects your drone and includes £12million Public Liability Insurance and £10k Personal Accident Insurance as standard.
- £12million Personal Public Liability Insurance.
- £10,000 Personal Accident Cover (including £725 Hospitalisation Benefit, £500 Dental / Optical Cover & £500 Funeral Expenses Cover).
- NEW - Accidental Damage Cover for Drones and Equipment with a combined value up to £2,500
Add 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' to our standard Membership package from just £14.95 extra per annum. Insurance valid for Multirotor and Fixed Wing Remote Controlled Model Aircraft up to 7kg, operated in accordance with CAA Regulations & Guidance, throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. Cover across the European Union and Worldwide also available.
Choose from 4 cover levels:
- £12m Public Liability and £10k Personal Accident Cover Only - +£14.95
- Up to £750 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£129.95
- Up to £1,500 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£209.95
- Up to £2,500 Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft, £12m PL & £10k PA - +£319.95
Only £29.95 for Annual Membership and add the Drone Insurance Extension to suit you.
Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft
Cover is provided for Multirotor and Fixed Wing Remote Controlled Model Aircraft, Payloads and Ground Equipment with a combinded value, as new, of up to £750, up to £1,500 or up to £2,500. Members are required to specify all items of equipment to C³, including serial numbers for all Multirotor Aircraft and serial numbers / identifying marks as appropriate for other equipment.
Accidental Damage & Loss
Insurance covers Accidental Damage & Loss whilst in flight (including flyaways) and whilst being stored or transported. Gradual wear tear & depreciation is excluded. The member will be under obligation to prove the damage or loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to C³.
Insurance covers Theft subject to evidence of forcible and violent entry or exit to property housing the equipment, excluding theft from a vehicle overnight unless the vehicle is contained in a locked building and excluding theft whilst equipment is left unattended in the open.
Please note: The Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft options are new for 2018 and not currently available to purchase online. Please purchase a standard membership with the Drone Insurance Extension then call us on 0800 0832 478 or 01933 313 967 to add the appropriate Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft option to your membership package.
Drone Safety Certificates
To ensure members have a suitable understanding of drone safety, guidelines and legislation Country Cover Club have teamed up with training experts The Aerial Academy to provide free online Drone Safety certificates.
We require all members to complete the relevant C³ Basic Drone Safety Certificate before the Drone Extension insurance benefits become valid. Members choosing the PL & PA only option will need to complete the C³ Basic Drone Safety test. Members opting to include Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft cover will need to complete the C³ Advanced Recreational Drone Safety test. A link to relevant test will be included in your welcome email; the Basic test takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, members may need to allow up to an hour to complete the Advanced Recreational test.
Where a Member has a prior qualification, provided by a CAA recognised NQE and demonstrating equal or greater subject knowledge (e.g. PfCO), proof of qualification must be received and accepted in writing by the C³ administration team to validate insurance benefits.
Terms & Conditions
As with all insurances it is expected that Members use common sense, fly safely and take all reasonable precautions to avoid causing damage to other persons or property. By purchasing the 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' Members agree that they have read and will abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All model aircraft are to be operated in accordance with CAA Regulations & Guidance.
- Member Pilot to have successfully completed the relevant C³ Drone Safety Certificate.
- Line of Sight Flying only; Model aircraft to remain in sight at all times and not to be flown higher than 400ft.
- Model aircraft to be kept away from aircraft, helicopters, airports & airfields.
- Model aircraft fitted with cameras must not be flown within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings, structures or animals or over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts or sports events
- In respect of the Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft insurance, the member will be under obligation to prove the loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to C³.
- Excludes Drones and Remote Controlled Model Aircraft larger than 7kg (plus fuel) in weight.
- Model aircraft piloted by a 3rd party are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
- Model aircraft flown commercially are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
These terms and conditions may be may be added to or amended at any time at C³'s discretion.All Insured benefits are underwritten by carefully selected specialist and leading UK Insurers in the Lloyds and London market, all of whom are fully UK Authorised and FCA regulated. Complete master policy documents (including all terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions) are available for inspection on request.
Details and offers are as per the schedule of Membership and the current Master Policies in force at the time of claim and are subject to full payment of Membership fees. C³ reserves the right to add to, amend or withdraw Membership benefits at any time.