Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance
The latest country sport to sweep the nation, drone flying, is great fun but do you have adequate cover? C³ offers market leading insurance benefits for recreational flying of drones and model aircraft across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Add 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' to our standard Membership package for just £14.95 extra per annum.
- Insurance for Drones and Remote Controlled Model Aircraft up to 7kg (plus fuel), operated in accordance with both BMFA and CAA Rules & Regulations.
- £10million Personal Public Liability Insurance.
- £10,000 Personal Accident Cover (including £725 Hospitalisation Benefit, £500 Dental / Optical Cover & £500 Funeral Expenses Cover).
'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance' is valid throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland. Cover across the European Union also available.
Only £44.90 for Annual Membership with the Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension.
Terms and Conditions
As with all insurances it is expected that Members use common sense, fly safely and take all reasonable precautions to avoid causing damage to other persons or property. By purchasing the 'Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance Extension' Members agree that they have read and will abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Drones and Remote Controlled Model Aircraft no larger than 7kg in weight (plus fuel).
- All model aircraft are to be operated in accordance with both BMFA and CAA Rules & Regulations.
- Pilot to be certified by a recognised Instructor to be competent to fly.
- Line of Sight Flying only; Model aircraft to remain in sight at all times and not to be flown higher than 400ft.
- Model aircraft to be kept away from aircraft, helicopters, airports & airfields.
- Use your common sense and fly safely.
Model aircraft fitted with cameras must not be flown:-
- Within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings, structures or animals
- Over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts or sports events
- Flying Models are not covered for any material losses, howsoever arising.
All Insured benefits are underwritten by carefully selected specialist and leading UK Insurers in the Lloyds and London market, all of whom are fully UK Authorised and FCA regulated. Complete master policy documents (including all terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions) are available for inspection on request.
Details and offers are as per the schedule of Membership and the current Master Policies in force at the time of claim and are subject to full payment of Membership fees. C³ reserves the right to add to, amend or withdraw Membership benefits at any time.